Welcome To Arnold & Smith, PLLC
Thank you for visiting our website. Arnold & Smith, PLLC is an aggressive civil and criminal litigation firm located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina. With a zealous approach to the law, Arnold & Smith, PLLC is dedicated to providing clients with outstanding representation. The attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC bring a diversity of experience, strong legal knowledge and an unyielding drive for success to each case. Our firm is conveniently located in the newly restored Historic John Price Carr House which is walking distance from the Mecklenburg County Courthouse.
Arnold & Smith, PLLC is a full-service civil litigation and criminal defense law firm that provides clients throughout Mecklenburg County and surrounding counties (Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln and Union) with passionate representation and a careful attention to detail on cases ranging from traffic and DWI to personal injury and divorce. Arnold & Smith, PLLC attorneys have extensive experience trying cases in both district and superior court in North Carolina.
With a unique approach to the law, we are able to focus on cases that involve criminal and civil matters exclusively or those that may require a combined approach. It is not unusual for a divorce or custody dispute to lead to criminal charges as clients are often going through a very emotional and difficult time in their lives. With excellent attorneys in both criminal and civil law, we are able to provide a complete service to our clients.
Criminal clients have faced a variety of matters and obtained excellent representation in cases including domestic violence, DWI (driving while impaired), drug charges(possession, sale and trafficking), expungement, property crimes (embezzlement, employee theft, breaking and entering, burglary, robbery, theft, white collar crimes), sexually related criminal offenses, traffic violations , underage drinking, license suspensions/violations, and violent crimes (assault, manslaughter, murder). Our criminal attorneys are ready to assist you with your case by providing a strategic defense based on your individual circumstances.
Our civil attorneys are prepared to partner with you during this difficult time to reach the best result possible. We have worked with our civil clients on matters including separation, annulment, divorce, family law , child custody (emergency, temporary, grandparent, termination of parental rights), child support (temporary and permanent), adoption (same-sex, second parent), spousal support (alimony), equitable distribution/property division, domestic violence and restraining orders, Hague convention, Heart Balm Torts, business and contract disputes , personal injury, and workers’ compensation.
Arnold & Smith, PLLC attorneys are in court on a daily basis and have an intimate knowledge of the court system in Mecklenburg and surroundings counties. In addition, our attorneys are often called upon by the media to provide expert opinions on stories pertaining to civil and criminal cases as well as the justice system.
If you or someone you know needs an attorney, please contact us. Our attorneys and staff are ready to assist with your case. We know you are anxious to have your matter resolved, so take the first step by calling our offices at 704-370-2828 or toll free 855-370-2828.
" The good lawyer is not the man who has an eye to every side and angle of contingency, and qualifies all his qualifications, but who throws himself on your part so heartily, that he can get you out of a scrape. " - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Business Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Divorce Representation
- Equitable Distribution
- Heart Balm Torts & Alienation of Affection
- Family Law Contracts and Agreements
- Alimony & Post Separation Support
- Restraining Orders
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Hague Convention
- Equitable Distribution
- Spousal Support
- Domestic Violence
- Personal Injury
- Traffic Citations
Accept All Major Credit Cards
- The Seven Reasons To Get Out Of A Bad Relationship #4: Because Someone Has To Take The First Step :: Separation and Divorce Lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina Attorney Matthew R. Arnold answering the question: "Can any attorney help me with my family law needs in North Carolina?" In our continuing saga of ....
- The Seven Reasons To Get Out Of A Bad Relationship #3: Because Your Spouse Won't Change :: Separation and Divorce Lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina Attorney Matthew R. Arnold answering the question: "How long does getting a divorce take?" In our continuing series of articles based on the piece by ....
- Terrible Accident Results In Three High School Students Being Airlifted To Hospital :: Personal Injury Attorneys and Lawyers in Charlotte, NC Attorney Matthew R. Arnold answering the question: "I was involved in a motor vehicle accident with injuries. Do I need a lawyer?" Police with the ....
- AFL-CIO Releases Report Examining North Carolina Worker Safety :: Personal Injury Attorneys and Lawyers in Charlotte, NC Attorney Matthew R. Arnold answering the question: "I have been injured on another person's property. What should I do now?" A major report compiled ....
- Bible Beating Lands Woman Behind Bars :: Charlotte North Carolina DWI DUI Criminal Attorney Lawyer Attorney J. Bradley Smith answering the question: "What is the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony?" Police in Kings Mountain, North ....
- Women Arrested After Walking Naked Down Busy Charlotte Road :: Charlotte North Carolina DWI DUI Criminal Attorney Lawyer Attorney J. Bradley Smith answering the question: "What is the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony?" A very bizarre incident happened this ....