Welcome To Arnold & Smith, PLLC
Thank you for visiting our website. Arnold & Smith, PLLC is an aggressive civil and criminal litigation firm located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina. With a zealous approach to the law, Arnold & Smith, PLLC is dedicated to providing clients with outstanding representation. The attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC bring a diversity of experience, strong legal knowledge and an unyielding drive for success to each case. Our firm is conveniently located in the newly restored Historic John Price Carr House which is walking distance from the Mecklenburg County Courthouse.
Arnold & Smith, PLLC is a full-service civil litigation and criminal defense law firm that provides clients throughout Mecklenburg County and surrounding counties (Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln and Union) with passionate representation and a careful attention to detail on cases ranging from traffic and DWI to personal injury and divorce. Arnold & Smith, PLLC attorneys have extensive experience trying cases in both district and superior court in North Carolina.
With a unique approach to the law, we are able to focus on cases that involve criminal and civil matters exclusively or those that may require a combined approach. It is not unusual for a divorce or custody dispute to lead to criminal charges as clients are often going through a very emotional and difficult time in their lives. With excellent attorneys in both criminal and civil law, we are able to provide a complete service to our clients.
Criminal clients have faced a variety of matters and obtained excellent representation in cases including domestic violence, DWI (driving while impaired), drug charges(possession, sale and trafficking), expungement, property crimes (embezzlement, employee theft, breaking and entering, burglary, robbery, theft, white collar crimes), sexually related criminal offenses, traffic violations , underage drinking, license suspensions/violations, and violent crimes (assault, manslaughter, murder). Our criminal attorneys are ready to assist you with your case by providing a strategic defense based on your individual circumstances.
Our civil attorneys are prepared to partner with you during this difficult time to reach the best result possible. We have worked with our civil clients on matters including separation, annulment, divorce, family law , child custody (emergency, temporary, grandparent, termination of parental rights), child support (temporary and permanent), adoption (same-sex, second parent), spousal support (alimony), equitable distribution/property division, domestic violence and restraining orders, Hague convention
- Business Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- State Criminal Charges
- The Federal Criminal Judicial Process
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Charges
- Drug Crimes
- Driver’s License Revocation & Restoration
- Theft, Burglary, Shoplifting / Unlawful Concealment, Breaking and Entering
- Public Intoxication/Disorderly Conduct
- Misdemeanor And DWI Sentencing
- The State Criminal Process - What To Expect
- Underage Drinking
- Sexually Related Offenses – Sexual Assault, Public Masturbation, Indecent Exposure
- Sexually Related Offenses – Removal from Sex Offender Registry, Sodomy / “Crime Against Nature”
- Pre-Charge Representation
- Violent Crimes: Assault
- Violent Crimes: Manslaughter
- Violent Crimes: Murder
- Vehicle Seizures
- White Collar Crimes – Insurance Fraud – Computer Crimes – Internet Fraud
- Motion For Appropriate Relief (MAR)
- Family Law
- Divorce Representation
- Equitable Distribution
- Heart Balm Torts & Alienation of Affection
- Family Law Contracts and Agreements
- Alimony & Post Separation Support
- Restraining Orders
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Hague Convention
- Equitable Distribution
- Spousal Support
- Domestic Violence
- Personal Injury
- Traffic Citations
Accept All Major Credit Cards
Matthew R. Arnold is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Charlotte Observer's Readers' Choice Best Charlotte Attorney of 2013
- Man Sues After Discovering Twitter-Millionaire Wife Hid Stock During Divorce :: Separation and Divorce Lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina Attorney Matthew R. Arnold answering the question: "Are overtime, bonuses, and commissions included in calculating child support?" A very interesting ....
- Ohio Couple Charged After Returning Adopted 9-Year-Old Son :: Separation and Divorce Lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina Attorney Matthew R. Arnold answering the question: "What can I do to gain custody of my child in North Carolina?" A couple from suburban Cincinnati, ....
- Fictitious Slip-And-Fall Case Ends In Fraud Charges :: Personal Injury Attorneys and Lawyers in Charlotte, NC Attorney Matthew R. Arnold answering the question: "What should I do if I have been injured by another party but I can't afford a lawyer?" A man's ....
- Charlotte Woman Latest Injured In North Carolina Amtrak Accidents :: Personal Injury Attorneys and Lawyers in Charlotte, NC Attorney Matthew R. Arnold answering the question: "What can you sue for in a personal injury case?" Emergency responders in Charlotte say that a ....
- North Carolina Strip Club Raid Results In Charges For 17 Employees and Patrons :: Charlotte North Carolina DWI DUI Criminal Attorney Lawyer Attorney J. Bradley Smith answering the question: "Is there more than one way for police to convict a DWI?" Law enforcement officials have announced ....
- Over-The-Counter Drug Theft Receives Police Attention In Boone, NC :: Charlotte North Carolina DWI DUI Criminal Attorney Lawyer Attorney J. Bradley Smith answering the question: "Can the police search my car without a warrant?" Police officers in Boone, North Carolina say they ....
- How Is Your Credit Score Affected By Bankruptcy? :: Charlotte Bankruptcy Lawyer A common concern among those considering filing for bankruptcy in North Carolina is how much the bankruptcy will go on to impact their credit history ....
- What Is A Reaffirmation Agreement And How Does It Work? :: Charlotte Bankruptcy Lawyer For those who are contemplating filing for bankruptcy protection one of the most important aspects of the process is how once a person has been ....