Mooresville, North Carolina
Mooresville is a relatively small town located in the southern portion of Iredell County, North Carolina. Mooresville is part of the metropolitan Charlotte area. The population of Mooresville is roughly 32,000, approximately one-fifth the number of people located in Iredell County. Mooresville has seen explosive growth in recent years, increasing it's population by more than 300% since 1990. Though Mooresville is located about 25 miles north of Charlotte's city center, it's close enough for a convenient commute for work or for fun.
From an economic perspective, Mooresville is best known as the home of various NASCAR teams (more than 60, at last count) and their drivers. The headquarters of the NASCAR Technical Institute as well as several NASCAR parts suppliers are also based in Mooresville, making the city a hub for the racing industry and justifying its nickname "Race City USA". Beyond racing, Mooresville is home to the headquarters of Lowe's and a number of other successful businesses.
In addition to the growing population and abundance of good jobs, Mooresville is also home to some quality schools. The Mooresville Graded School District is top-rated and sought after by parents. Schools such as Park View Elementary, South Elementary, Rocky River Elementary, East Mooresville Intermediate, Mooresville Middle School and Mooresville Senior High School are all highly regarded. Besides academic excellence, Mooresville is also known for an excellent marching band, dubbed "Pride in Motion" that is one of the best in the state.
Any attorney worth his or her salt practicing in the Mooresville area needs to be familiar with the courthouse. The nearest court is located at 610 East Center Avenue, Mooresville, NC 28115. Other courthouses can be found in Iredell County, including the county courthouse located in nearby Statesville, NC. These courts are equipped to handle both civil and criminal matters.
Speaking of civil matters, our attorneys at Arnold and Smith, PLLC are capable of assisting with a wide array of civil law issues that may arise in Mooresville. Broadly, this work includes things like divorce/family law issues, custody disputes, personal injury cases, and business disputes or litigation. More specifically, our attorneys are able to assist with issues including:
- Issues concerning divorce and/or separation
- Property division in divorce (including equitable distribution, valuation of marital property, determination of separate pre-marital property, etc.)
- Issues concerning alienation of affection, infidelity, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and abandonment
- Support-related matters (including spousal support, the impact of adultery on spousal support requests, lifetime alimony, support modification and termination requests, etc.)
- Same-sex issues (including same-sex adoption, divorce and custody issues)
- Child support issues (such as the awarding of temporary child support, permanent child support, modification of child support orders, impact of job loss on child support, etc.)
- Custody questions (including concerns about custody division, parenting agreements, visitation requests, custody modification requests, and termination of parental rights).
- Personal injury issues (such as slip-and-fall injuries, car accident cases, truck accident cases, medical malpractice matters, product liability incidents, etc.)
- Business disputes (such as contractual disagreements, claims of fraud or deceptive business practices)
In addition to handling a wide array of civil law matters, our criminal attorneys at Arnold and Smith, PLLC are able to provide expert guidance when it comes to handling criminal issues. Specifically, our attorneys are able to assist with issues including:
- Property crime (allegations of theft, breaking and entering, robbery, embezzlement, workplace theft, identity theft, fraud and other white collar crimes)
- Sex offenses (including sexual assault, rape, crimes against nature, questions about the sex offender registry, etc.)
- Assault and issues related to domestic violence
- Expungement requests
- Drunk driving (DWI, DUI, boating while impaired, drivers license suspension, drivers license revocation, etc.)
- Drugs (including possession, sale, and trafficking charges, and issues related to marijuana use and possession)
- Traffic infractions (including speeding, seat belt issues, reckless driving, etc.)
- Violent criminal matters (such as murder, felony murder and manslaughter)
Our attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC are at home in Mooresville and Iredell County courts, having spent years practicing in the area. If you need assistance with a legal matter in Mooresville, North Carolina, don't hesitate to reach out to the experienced attorneys of Arnold and Smith, PLLC at (704) 370-2828, we will be happy to help in whatever way we can.