Huntersville, North Carolina
Huntersville is a large suburban town in northern Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Just like the rest of the Charlotte Metro Area, its population has grown rapidly in the past decade, increasing from 46,000 in 2010 to 57,000 in 2018. Huntersville’s size makes it the largest suburban municipality in the Charlotte area. Due to its proximity to both Lake Norman and Mountain Island Lake, Huntersville is known as a lake community that possesses the laid-back vibe that only living on the water can provide.
By all accounts, Lake Norman is the center of recreational living in Huntersville. Created in the 1960s as part of the Cowans Ford Dam project, boaters and fishers flock to the shores of North Carolina’s largest man-made lake to cool off on summer days. Lake Norman is stocked with a variety of fish, including Blue and Channel Catfish, Bluegills, and Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass. The opportunity to fish and ease of access from the Charlotte area makes the lake--and Huntersville--a popular day trip destination for Charlotteans.
Even though many Charlotteans drive to Huntersville to play on weekends, the quality school choices in the area make it a good place to raise a family as well. Huntersville and Torrence Creek Elementary Schools are close to the town center, Bailey Middle is regarded as the best middle school in the North Mecklenburg area, and W.A. Hough High school pairs a quality education with highly successful sports teams. Luke Maye, the national champion University of North Carolina basketball player, was a 3-star recruit while playing at Hough.
While Lake Norman might be the center of play in Huntersville, NASCAR is the center of work. Joe Gibbs Racing, winners of 5 NASCAR Drivers Championships, is headquartered in Huntersville. In early February, when race teams are gearing up for the start of the season, it is not uncommon to see popular JGR drivers such as Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch on the streets of Huntersville. Thankfully for us, they obey traffic laws when not on the track, so our attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC, rarely see them in the courthouse!
Speaking of the courthouse, Huntersville is a part of Mecklenburg County, so it falls under the Mecklenburg County courts system. If you live in Huntersville and have a district or superior court date, it will occur at the Mecklenburg County Courthouse at 832 East Fourth St, Charlotte, NC 28202. Any federal court dates will take place at the United States District Court Western District of North Carolina Courthouse at 401 West Trade St, Charlotte NC, 28202. However, Huntersville does have its own police department with its own local ordinances, so any attorney representing a criminal matter from Huntersville needs to understand these ordinances and any other issues that might arise when you are facing criminal charges in Mecklenburg County. The knowledgeable criminal law attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC, are capable of handling a variety of criminal charges that you might face in Huntersville, including:
- Property crime (allegations of theft, breaking and entering, robbery, embezzlement, workplace theft, identity theft, fraud and other white-collar crimes)
- Sex offenses (including sexual assault, rape, crimes against nature, questions about the sex offender registry, etc.)
- Assault and issues related to domestic violence
- Expungement requests
- Drunk driving (DWI, DUI, boating while impaired, driver’s license suspension, driver’s license revocation, etc.)
- Drugs (including possession, sale, and trafficking charges, and issues related to marijuana use and possession)
- Traffic infractions (including speeding, seat belt issues, reckless driving, etc.)
- Violent criminal matters (such as murder, felony murder and manslaughter)
In addition to criminal matters, Arnold & Smith, PLLC, also has civil law attorneys who handle a wide variety of civil law issues that a Huntersville resident might have. Our work includes divorce and family law issues, custody disputes, personal injury cases, and business disputes or litigation. Specifically, our attorneys assist with issues including:
- Issues concerning divorce and/or separation
- Property division in divorce (including equitable distribution, valuation of marital property, determination of separate pre-marital property, etc.)
- Issues concerning alienation of affection, infidelity, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and abandonment
- Support-related matters (including spousal support, the impact of adultery on spousal support requests, lifetime alimony, support modification and termination requests, etc.)
- Same-sex issues (including same-sex adoption, divorce and custody issues)
- Child support issues (such as the awarding of temporary child support, permanent child support, modification of child support orders, impact of job loss on child support, etc.)
- Custody questions (including concerns about custody division, parenting agreements, visitation requests, custody modification requests, and termination of parental rights).
- Personal injury issues (such as slip-and-fall injuries, car accident cases, truck accident cases, medical malpractice matters, product liability incidents, etc.)
- Business disputes (such as contractual disagreements, claims of fraud or deceptive business practices)
Our attorneys are at home in the Mecklenburg County courts, having been founded in Charlotte in 2007. Our Mecklenburg County offices are located at 200 N McDowell Street, just three blocks from the courthouse. If you need assistance with a legal matter in the Huntersville, North Carolina area, do not hesitate to reach out to schedule your consultation with the experienced attorneys of Arnold & Smith, PLLC, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 704.370.2828.