If you’ve been charged with Driving While Impaired (DWI), the decisions you make today can affect you for the rest of your life.
While being charged with a criminal offense such as DWI can be a frightening and stressful event in your life, there is hope.
When faced with a DWI charge, many people feel they have no choice other than pleading guilty. But it’s important to remember that a guilty plea to ANY criminal charge, including DWI, is permanent. A conviction will remain on your record for life, almost certainly affecting your career, earnings potential, and overall quality of life.
That’s the bad news. The good news is that being charged with DWI is not the same as being guilty. The law firm of Arnold & Smith, PLLC strenuously defends individuals such as yourself who have been charged with DWI in North Carolina. We put our experience and expertise to work for you to create a thorough and complete defense for your DWI charge.
We intend for this to be an informative resource to help you understand DWI laws and criminal procedures in North Carolina, and to help you make the best decision about how to approach your case.
FACT: Taking the least expensive route today can actually cost you more in the long run.
North Carolina has some of the toughest DWI sentencing laws in the country. A conviction can result in harsh penalties that will affect your life today and well into the future. With so much on the line, choosing an inexperienced or inexpensive law firm today could end up costing you far more tomorrow. Wouldn’t you rather choose a solid, experienced firm with a proven track record of results?Who do you want on your side?
J. Bradley Smith of Arnold & Smith, PLLC is a Charlotte native who has practiced criminal law in North Carolina throughout his career. After graduating law school, Mr. Smith joined the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s office, where he prosecuted DWI cases. In 2006, Mr. Smith entered private practice and has tried a number of DWI cases in superior and district court in North Carolina.
In addition, Mr. Smith has received the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration certification for DWI detection—the same training police officers receive to spot motorists suspected of driving while impaired. Mr. Smith is also a certified operator of the Intoxilyzer 5000, the instrument often used by law enforcement to test for breath alcohol content in DWI cases.
J. Bradley Smith has helped countless clients like you who have found themselves facing DWI charges. He and his staff are ready to answer your questions, and to formulate a strategic defense based on your individual circumstances.
No matter how you choose to proceed, we urge you to get the facts before you make a decision that can affect the rest of your life. And, of course, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and help you in your fight against your pending DWI case. Call J. Bradley Smith and his team for a free consultation at 704-370-2828.
- Aggravating and Mitigating Factors for DWI Sentencing in North Carolina
- Aiding and Abetting DWI
- Appreciable Impairment for DWI’s
- Choosing a DWI Lawyer
- Do I Have to Take a Blood Test During a DWI Arrest?
- Driving While Under the Influence (DWI) FAQs
- Drug Recognition Experts and Drugged Driving
- DWI (Driving While Impaired) FAQs
- DWI Arrests and Probable Cause
- DWI Arrests and the Important Role of Magistrates
- DWI Checkpoints
- DWI Checkpoints FAQs
- DWI Field Sobriety Tests
- DWI: Impaired Supervision
- DWI License Restoration And Ignition Interlock Devices
- DWI Sentencing Chart
- Federal DUI
- How do police decide who to charge with driving while impaired?
- Misdemeanor and DWI Sentencing
- Multiple DWI Offenses
- North Carolina Multiple DWI Defense Lawyers
- Open Container
- Potential Defenses to Driving While Impaired
- Prescription Medicine Intoxication and Drugged Driving
- Revocation of your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) as a result of a DWI
- Sentencing for Driving While Impaired
- Teen Drivers and Alcohol and/or Drugs
- Three or More DWI Conviction
- Underage Drinking
- First-Time DWI Charge - Defense Lawyers in North Carolina
- Charlotte DWI Lawyers
- Five Things You Need to Know About North Carolina DWI Laws
- Law Enforcement Tests Used in DWI Cases
- North Carolina DWI FAQs
- The Best Defenses Against DWI Charges in North Carolina
- The Consequences of a DWI in North Carolina
- Was My DWI Arrest Legal in North Carolina?