Mint Hill, North Carolina
Mint Hill is a major suburban town near Charlotte, North Carolina, located in southeastern Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Its population is approximately 27,000, an increase of over 5,000 in the past decade. Located near Matthews, North Carolina, Mint Hill has become a popular living location for people looking for a small-town setting still close to the Charlotte city center.
One of the major features that makes Mint Hill attractive to residents is its rural feel. This is in large part due to the efforts of Mint Hill town leaders to keep big chain businesses out of the town center. Unlike what has become of other ex-small towns across the nation, the traditional Main Street has not become overrun by fast food restaurants or Walmarts. Instead, local small businesses line a wonderful walking stretch and contribute to a vibrant local economy.
In recent years, Mint Hill has fought to shed its reputation as a bedroom town—a place where people might have lived, but worked and played elsewhere. Now, the town center has become a magnet for residents to come shop, eat, and play at many small businesses. Go to Mint Hill Veteran Memorial Park on a Saturday morning, and the fields will be filled with soccer and flag football games sponsored by the Mint Hill Athletics Association. In addition, Monroe Hardware Company is a local hardware store that caters to any outdoor supply needs one could have.
Children in Mint Hill attend a variety of highly rated schools. Under the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school system, students living in Mint Hill attend schools like Bain Academy Elementary, Mint Hill Middle, and Independence, Butler, and Rocky River High Schools. Bain Academy and Mint Hill Middle are both ranked in the top third of elementary and middle schools in the Charlotte area, according to third party ranking system Carolina School Hub. Butler competes at the 4A level for athletics and is known for its successful football team.
Since Mint Hill is in Mecklenburg County, its justice system falls under Mecklenburg County jurisdiction. If you live in Mint Hill and have a district or superior court date, it will occur at the Mecklenburg County Courthouse at 832 East Fourth St, Charlotte, NC 28202. Federal court dates will take place at the United States District Court Western District of North Carolina Courthouse at 401 West Trade Street, Charlotte NC, 28202. However, Mint Hill does have its own police department, the Mint Hill PD. As such, any lawyer taking on a case in Mint Hill needs to understand the local ordinances of Mint Hill that might differ from the rest of the county. The experienced criminal law attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC, know these local ordinances and other issues that may present themselves when you face criminal charges in Mecklenburg County. Our criminal attorneys handle a wide variety of legal troubles you might run into in Mint Hill, including:
- Property crime (allegations of theft, breaking and entering, robbery, embezzlement, workplace theft, identity theft, fraud and other white-collar crimes)
- Sex offenses (including sexual assault, rape, crimes against nature, questions about the sex offender registry, etc.)
- Assault and issues related to domestic violence
- Expungement requests
- Drunk driving (DWI, DUI, boating while impaired, driver’s license suspension, driver’s license revocation, etc.)
- Drugs (including possession, sale, and trafficking charges, and issues related to marijuana use and possession)
- Traffic infractions (including speeding, seat belt issues, reckless driving, etc.)
- Violent criminal matters (such as murder, felony murder and manslaughter)
In addition to handling criminal matters, Arnold & Smith also has civil law attorneys that can assist with many civil law issues that may arise in Mint Hill. Our work includes divorce and other family law issues, custody disputes, personal injury cases, and business disputes or litigation. More specifically, our attorneys can assist with issues including:
- Issues concerning divorce and/or separation
- Property division in divorce (including equitable distribution, valuation of marital property, determination of separate pre-marital property, etc.)
- Issues concerning alienation of affection, infidelity, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and abandonment
- Support-related matters (including spousal support, the impact of adultery on spousal support requests, lifetime alimony, support modification and termination requests, etc.)
- Same-sex issues (including same-sex adoption, divorce and custody issues)
- Child support issues (such as the awarding of temporary child support, permanent child support, modification of child support orders, impact of job loss on child support, etc.)
- Custody questions (including concerns about custody division, parenting agreements, visitation requests, custody modification requests, and termination of parental rights).
- Personal injury issues (such as slip-and-fall injuries, car accident cases, truck accident cases, medical malpractice matters, product liability incidents, etc.)
- Business disputes (such as contractual disagreements, claims of fraud or deceptive business practices)
Our attorneys are at home in the Mecklenburg County courts, having been founded in Charlotte in 2007. Our Mecklenburg County offices are located at 200 N McDowell Street, just three blocks from the courthouse. If you need assistance with a legal matter in the Mint Hill, North Carolina area, do not hesitate to reach out to schedule your consultation with the experienced attorneys of Arnold & Smith, PLLC, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 704.370.2828.