Troutman, North Carolina
Troutman is a small town in southern Iredell County, North Carolina. Nicknamed “Lake Norman’s front porch,” Troutman is located about a mile from the shores of Lake Norman and is home to approximately 3,000 people. Halfway between the county seat of Statesville and the most populous city in Iredell County, Mooresville, Troutman retains the soul of a Piedmont small town while being close to larger population centers.
Troutman’s history is largely dominated by one family: fittingly, the Troutmans. In 1853, widow Anne Troutman moved her family 5 miles away from their family homestead. The area around her house sprung up into a town, which was incorporated in 1905. As generations passed, the Troutmans moved to places all across the country, but still come together for a family reunion every year just outside the town.
Located on the doorstep of Lake Norman, Troutman is just a mile from the lake’s shores at its closest point, making it a common place for visitors to the lake to stop. Troutman’s Main Street, North Carolina Highway 21, is lined with small businesses and shops, as well as the Troutman Rail Trail. The Rail Trail follows the former rail bed of the Statesville-to-Charlotte Norfolk Southern Line and passes Troutman’s traditional business district on S. Main St. and finishes at a newer shopping center on N. Main St. Local restaurants such as Randy’s Bar B Que are hits with both residents and visitors, and form the backbone of the town center.
Also located near the town center are the schools Troutman residents attend. Troutman is situated in the southern half of the Iredell County Public School District. Students from Troutman attend Troutman Elementary, Troutman Middle, and South Iredell High Schools. Troutman Middle and Elementary are both within walking distance of Main Street, and two-mile-away South Iredell High School is ranked the third best high school in the Iredell County Public School District by third-party rank site Carolinas School Hub.
Not only is Troutman under the Iredell County School District, it is also under the Iredell County justice system. Courthouses in Iredell County for district and superior civil and criminal matters comprise of the Iredell County Courthouse located in Statesville at 226 Stockton St, Statesville, NC, 28677, and an annex courthouse in Mooresville at 610 E Center Ave, Mooresville NC, 28115. Federal court matters that arise in Statesville will be handled at either the United States Western District of North Carolina Courthouse in Statesville, located at 200 West Broad Street, Statesville NC, 28677, or at the federal courthouse in Charlotte, located at 401 West Trade Street, Charlotte NC, 28202.
Although Troutman falls under the Iredell County Justice Department, its police force is separate from the rest of Iredell County. Rather than contract its officers from the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office like many other small towns in the county, Troutman boasts its own 12 officer police department, the Troutman Police Department. With only five patrol officers in the Troutman PD, any attorney taking criminal cases from Troutman should be familiar with each officer, as well as local town ordinances that may differ from the surrounding county. The experienced criminal law attorneys of Arnold & Smith, PLLC, are familiar with these differences, with years of experience practicing in the Troutman and Iredell County area. Criminal matters we can assist with include:
- Property crime (allegations of theft, breaking and entering, robbery, embezzlement, workplace theft, identity theft, fraud and other white-collar crimes)
- Sex offenses (including sexual assault, rape, crimes against nature, questions about the sex offender registry, etc.)
- Assault and issues related to domestic violence
- Expungement requests
- Drunk driving (DWI, DUI, boating while impaired, driver’s license suspension, driver’s license revocation, etc.)
- Drugs (including possession, sale, and trafficking charges, and issues related to marijuana use and possession)
- Traffic infractions (including speeding, seat belt issues, reckless driving, etc.)
- Violent criminal matters (such as murder, felony murder and manslaughter)
In addition to criminal defense matters, Arnold & Smith, PLLC, also has experienced attorneys who can handle many civil law issues that you may face in Troutman, North Carolina. Our work includes divorce and family law issues, custody disputes, personal injury cases, and business disputes or litigation. More specifically, our attorneys assist with issues including:
- Issues concerning divorce and/or separation
- Property division in divorce (including equitable distribution, valuation of marital property, determination of separate pre-marital property, etc.)
- Issues concerning alienation of affection, infidelity, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and abandonment
- Support-related matters (including spousal support, the impact of adultery on spousal support requests, lifetime alimony, support modification and termination requests, etc.)
- Same-sex issues (including same-sex adoption, divorce and custody issues)
- Child support issues (such as the awarding of temporary child support, permanent child support, modification of child support orders, impact of job loss on child support, etc.)
- Custody questions (including concerns about custody division, parenting agreements, visitation requests, custody modification requests, and termination of parental rights).
- Personal injury issues (such as slip-and-fall injuries, car accident cases, truck accident cases, medical malpractice matters, product liability incidents, etc.)
- Business disputes (such as contractual disagreements, claims of fraud or deceptive business practices)
Our attorneys are at home in Iredell County courts, with years of practice in the area. In 2018, we expanded our offices to better serve the Iredell County area and opened an office in Mooresville, North Carolina at 645 Carpenter Avenue, Mooresville, NC 28115. If you need assistance with a legal matter in the Troutman, North Carolina area, do not hesitate to reach out to schedule your consultation with the experienced attorneys of Arnold & Smith, PLLC, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 704.370.2828.